Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pizza delivery woes

Have you ever ordered a pizza and when you opened the box, you found that the cheese had slid off the pizza to one side of the box? This happens a lot when I order from Myles. I always think that perhaps the driver was engaged in some sort of action movie chase scene with an attack helicopter firing rapidly at the driver, but after seeing this video, I am going to be a bit more skeptical when my pizza arrives mangled.




The video is labeled "pizza delivery fail," but in the eyes of the delivery guy, this is more like a "pizza delivery win." The speed at which the guy picks up the pizza from the ground and puts it back in the box is uncanny. I also love that he puts it back in the hot bag and acts all cool while waiting for the resident to come to the door. He doesn't just pick it up and leave the box out, he actually puts it back in the hot bag. That is just perfect to me, clearly he couldn't have dropped it on the ground, he hasn't even taken it out of the bag.

The ground there doesn't look all that clean, I'm curious how much dirt and gravel was left on that pizza when he scooped it up. He didn't have time to pick anything off, so likely the resident would have had some visible gunk.

The whole thing leaves me wondering how often this has happened to this delivery guy, because his recovery was nearly flawless. Do they teach that skill during delivery driving training?

I would like to see a followup to this showing the reaction of the resident as he or she watches what happened to the pizza. Someone get on that please.

No comments:

Post a Comment