Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Domino's pizza as bad as old Domino's pizza


If you have been out of the pizza loop, you may not have realized that Domino's pizza reinvented their pizza by changing the ingredients. This move, which happened in December of 2009, changed the crust, the cheese and the sauce. In an article on USAToday.com, Domino's marketing chief Russell Weiner stated that the change was made because "[Domino's wasn't] winning against everyone on taste."

I have to agree with that statement. Old Domino's was the bottom of the pizza barrel, but how do the new ingredients fare?

For the sake of honest it is important to point out that of the major chains, Domino's has been my least favorite for as long as I can remember. I hadn't even had the urge to try their new pizza in the year that is has been out. Motivated by this blog, I decided it was time to give the company another chance.

I picked up a medium, hand-tossed pepperoni pizza with the hope of being amazed, but I ended up just being disappointed. The new ingredients might be different, but different doesn't mean good. The crust was less like cardboard, but the sauce and the cheese were a new kind of bland. The new garlic crust felt slimy, giving the whole pizza a very cheap feel.

All in all, Domino's new pizza just doesn't work. It might be improvement, but the scale is only moving from god-awful to just awful. I'd much rather drop $5 at Little Caesar's than the $8.99 I spent on Domino's.

No comments:

Post a Comment